Pear-A-Dise Ginger Martini
- One 15-ounce can Pacific Northwest Canned Pear slices, in juice, drained and juice reserved
- 2 ounces pear-flavored vodka
- 1 tablespoon Pear Simple Syrup (see recipe below)
- 1 fresh lime, cut in half on the equator
- Small piece fresh gingerroot, peeled and coarsely grated
- Pear Simple Syrup
- ½ cup reserved pear juice
- ½ cup granulated sugar
In a cocktail shaker, combine 2 pear slices, vodka, syrup, juice of 1/2 lime and 1 teaspoon grated ginger, and fill with ice. Shake vigorously and use a teaspoon to taste a little. Add more simple syrup or lime juice to taste. When you are happy with the flavor, strain into a chilled martini glass.
Garnish by threading a thinly sliced round of lime from the remaining half and a chunk of pear from one of the remaining slices onto a wooden pick.
Pear Simple Syrup
Bring sugar and pear juice to a boil in a small saucepan. Simmer gently until the sugar has
dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely before using.