Pacific Northwest Canned Pear Crisp
- 2 no. 10 cans pears, Pacific Northwest, canned, sliced, extra light syrup, drained, syrup reserved*
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 8 oz margarine, melted
- 1 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1/4 cup sugar, granulated
- 8 oz oats, rolled, quick
- 1/2 cup sugar, brown, light, packed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ginger, ground
1. Drain pears and reserve 2 cups of liquid.
2. Spray 2 inch steamtable pan with pan release.
3. Place 2 cans of pears and liquid in the prepared pan.
4. Sprinkle cornstarch over pears and toss to combine.
5. Weigh and melt margarine. In mixer or large mixing bowl combine melted margarine, flour, sugar, rolled oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and ginger.
6. Use mixer paddle or gloved hands to mix topping until crumbly.
7. Sprinkle oatmeal mixture evenly over fruit.
8. Bake at 350°F for approximately 50 minutes until golden brown.
CCP: Cook to a minimum internal temperature of 135°F
9. Serve using no. 8 disher.
CCP: Hold and serve at 135°F or above.
*We recommend using only U.S. grown and canned pears for the best flavor, quality, texture and yield.
Makes 40 servings, 1/2 cup each
- Calories: 164
- Fat: 4.90g
- Saturated Fat: 2.10g
- Cholesterol: 0g
- Sodium: 51.87mg
- Carbohydrate: 28.53g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.34g
- Protein: 1.33g
- Vitamin A: 202.92IU
- Vitamin C: 1.44mg
- Calcium: 6.72mg
- Iron: .39mg
Recipe PDF with meal pattern creditsRecipe PDF